Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
Found at Alexa Eats Clean
makes about 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes – no salt added
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice chicken and veggies into strips.
- Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Mix diced tomatoes and green chiles in a bowl. You could also buy a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles already added, but I wanted to be sure my tomatoes had no salt added.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings. I used the La Tortilla Factory Soft Wrap minis, along with nonfat greek yogurt and mashed avocado!