WANTED: Fitness Professionals For
Fast Growing Brookings Health Club
“If You Have Enthusiasm, a Positive Attitude and a
Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have a Fun and Fulfilling Position Just For You!”
Eric Peterson, MS, CSCS
Powershop Gym, Inc.
Again, thank you very much for your interest,
Dear Prospective Fitness Professional,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what we need in a fitness professional so we can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding position we have available.
So let me tell you about us, our company, and the fitness position.
My name is Eric Peterson and I run a local health club called Powershop Gym in Brookings, SD.
Our business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
And business is booming!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start helping our current clients.
If you are hired for this fitness position, you’ll begin at one of our open positions in the health club right away.
Our health clubs offer a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful fitness business.
Oh yeah, we’re also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products.
You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others – because that’s what we do at Powershop Gym.
Tasks You’ll Expected To Perform
- Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Coach clients through a 12-week program: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate the client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, and will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Live a “fitness lifestyle” – Your health, workouts, nutrition must be valued and important to you. If we ask our clients to do things (nutrition and exercise) we must be walking the walk not just talking the talk. This doesn’t mean you have to be perfect…no one is. Just have a vested interest in your health and fitness so that we can pour into our clients.
- Good Communication Skills – you will be talking with our clients, who are VERY important to us. You must be comfortable conversing in person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality – must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above, you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting business and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education – You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness
- Desire to grow personally – We want to make our clients better mentally, physically, emotionally. If you don’t continually grow personally you cannot help your clients improve. If you are a 4 out of 10 you can’t make a client a 6. So you must become more to help our clients become more.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic Nutrition Knowledge
- National Certification
- Kinesiology Degree
- CPR Certified
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person. So if this job sounds good to you, then complete the web form below and you will be emailed instructions on how to proceed to the next step:
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to us. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. We recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat, business-oriented person who appreciates those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!
Powershop Gym, Inc.
514 Main Ave
Brookings, SD 57006